Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
Head over to Ginny's blog to join the fun.
This is the fourth time I have made this ripple afghan.  I keep giving them away, and everyone has loved it.  The pattern can be found here.  I made it by crocheting rows 2-5 twice in blue and then rows 2-5 once in off-white.  I continue until it is long enough to keep me cozy while I work on it.
 
I can't seem to find a book (or the time) to read for myself, but I seem to always enjoy the read alouds I read to the kids.  Everyone has been enjoying Storm Makers.
It's about 12 year old twins, one of which discovers they can control the weather.  It's a vocabulary booster for my 8 and 9 year olds, and the 12 year old always asks for one more chapter.

1 comment:

EMMA said...

Your fourth ripple blanket - wow. I'm still on my first and it's taking forever!